THE BONE MARROW TRANSPLANT
The Hawkesbury Canoe Classic is the main fund raising charity for Arrow, The Bone Marrow Transplant Foundation.
The Arrow Bone Marrow Transplant Foundation (Arrow) is a charitable organisation with a mission to:
Improve the survival and quality of life for patients with blood diseases treatable by bone marrow and blood stem cell transplants and provide support for their carers in Australia
• by – funding research projects
• by – providing vital support to patients, their carers and families
• by – improving patient care through specialised education and skills development for nurses and other health staff
Since 1994, when Arrow was first supported by the HCC, we have contributed almost $3.8 million in donations.
That support has been essential to the achievement of many important initiatives, including:
1. The Australasian Bone Marrow Transplant Recipient Registry (ABMTRR)
2. The Arrow-HCC PhD Scholarships for research
3. The Arrow-HCC Research Scientist position
4. Arrow House
5. Research into Severe Degenerative Intervertebral Disc Disease
6. Purchase of medical research equipment
7. Cancer After Stem cell Transplant (CAST) study
8. Defining defective genes in leukaemia in children with Trisomy 21 using induced pluripotent stem cells
9. Home Based Internet Health Clinical Trial
10. Funding towards a new Haematology and Bone Marrow Transplant Ward at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney
11. Duration and Severity of Nausea and Vomiting following Bone Marrow Transplant. A literature review.